Monday, May 3, 2010

6 Panel Brochure


For this project, our class had to create a six page brochure that could be hypothetically used for commercial use.
All I was hoping for with this project was to create a six panel brochure. I wasn't necessarily trying to make it as pretty as possible, i was more a less just trying to create a functional format. And to achieve this all I simply did was follow the professors exact directions and add in a bit of creative flair. Once I got the basics down, I then attempted to add pictures and rotate the text. After achieving these small feats I decided not to push my luck anymore.
I found this whole project to be challenging just due to the nature of the constraints of the project. To work in a confined space was slightly difficult and to also have everything line up perfectly at the end was even more difficult. To solve, these problems all I did was listen to the professor and have the students around me lend a hand.
However once i got past all of these difficulties, the project was quite enjoyable and after completing I realized how much of a skill it really is to design a brochure. If I ever decide to go into the field of design, this will be an extremely valuable skill to have. This is probably the fact that I am most proud of as well.
Last if I had more time, I would have liked to used a wider variety of colors in the brochure to make it more appealing. Also, I would have liked to research the subject more so and get some exact facts on pricing and seasons for the service. But all in all, I feel this project came out pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment