Monday, April 5, 2010

30 Seconds to Mars Poster


This project was an extremely fun project to work on. The reason for me saying this is because with this project i felt as though I could learn a lot from it.
When starting this project, I had hopes and many goals that I wanted to achieve . I wanted to create something that could truly be used in the real world to promote this band. My goals were simple, create something that would catch the eye and provide enough information to spark interest, yet not bombard the viewer with information overload.
One of the most challenging things that I felt with this project was to create something that would meet my goals, yet still stay true to the bands image. This proved to be difficult and required many drafts to just get the layout correct. Then I had to experiment with a variety of color schemes to create something appealing and that the band could use. These challenges proved to be difficult, but also taught me a lot about color scheme and why it is important to make drafts.
There is nothing particular in this project that makes me extremely proud. I only say this because I really enjoy the band and I do not believe that one of my first attempts at poster creation would do them justices. However overall I had a lot of fun with this project, and I am hoping to return to it soon for recreational purposes to create something better to actually give to the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment